The internet is crowded with millions of websites and WordPress currently accounts for more than 14.7% of the internet’s top sites.
While there are a lot of Content Management Systems (CMS) out there, none are as versatile and easy to handle as WordPress. Why does WordPress standout as the go to CMS for many? Here are just a few reasons:
- Ease with Content Creation – we all clamor for SEO and sometimes forget that no amount of SEO can be successful without quality content. WordPress allows you create content with ease. This content can include various multimedia content, optimized images and other visual content.
- Constant Updates – WordPress standard features are geared towards user needs and each update makes it easier to use for those who have the knowledge of HTML and those without any knowledge. Joomla and Drupal are some other CMS but these ones require deft technical knowledge.
- Free to use – WordPress is Open Source and is well almost free to use. Many of its basic themes and plugins come without costs and premium themes and plugins are usually pretty affordable. Check out this all in one premium solution.
- Security – The company has a dedicated team whose only concern is about the security of the platform. This team work around the clock to ensure that WordPress users are safe from virus and other malignant attacks.
- Community Support – the WordPress community prides in the kindred spirit that exists on various fora and platforms. Usually, when users encounter problems, they don’t have to worry about it for so long as the answers are readily available. For other rival CMS, users mostly have to send feedback to the company and wait for the company’s response to their enquiries. WordPress affords users the chance to cross hurdles on the go.
- Plugins – Another vital reason for WordPress’s dominance amongst other CMS programs is its plugins. There are thousands of plugins that you can use to customize your website.
- Global Reach – global reach. WordPress is equipped with plugins that assists in language translation. With this in place, nobody is left out.
I could go on and on about the benefits of using WordPress as your CMS, but ultimately it comes down to which is the CMS right fit for you.